When working with runners and triathletes, it is extremely helpful to get a video run analysis. It’s difficult to break old habits without seeing yourself on video and having it analyzed. The ability to make corrections depends on good body awareness.
When the runner sees themselves on video and has a coach identify their limiters, it makes it much easier to make corrections. Clients can work on fitness, strength and speed for better performance but there is really nothing that can substitute actually seeing how a client runs in slow motion, measuring out angles, body position, point of impact and much more.
Benefits of run video analysis
- Dissect run mechanics to identify limiters
- Learn drills to improve run mechanics
- Discover ways to improve run efficiency
- Avoid injuries
- Provide baseline to compare future run videos
We analyze many things in the video such as:
- Stride Angle
- Arm swing
- Foot Strike / Impact point
- Center of mass